Chapter 1-17 The Man with Two Faces
- Quirrell, not Snape, turns out to
be in the room. He has been the one going after the Sorcerer's Stone the whole time. By
magic, out of nowhere ropes spring out of thin air and wrapping Harry
tightly. Behind Quirrell is the Mirror of Erised.
- Quirrell's new master is Lord Voldemort.
He tries to use Harry to find out where the Sorcerer's Stone is. He
is muttering to himself.
- When Harry looks in the mirror, he sees himself putting his hand into
his pocket and pulling out a blood-red stone. His reflection winks and
puts the stone back in it's pocket, and as it does, Harry feels it.
Somehow he'd gotton the Stone in his own pocket.
- Harry lies about what he sees in the mirror to Quirrell. Then Voldemort
reveals himself. He is hidden under Quirrells turban; now part of Quirrell
himself. Voldemort tells Harry he wants the stone to get the Elixer
of Life. He also tells him that he killed his parents. Harry and
Quirrell/Voldemort get into a fight and a needle-sharp pain sears across
- Quirrell lets go of him, hunched in pain, blisters on his fingers.
Voldemort commands Quirrell to seize Harry. Quirrell, telling Voldemort
he can not hold Harry, is told to kill him. As Quirrell raises his hand
to perform a deadly curse, Harry instinctively reaches up and grabs
Quirrell's face. Pain building in his head, everything falls into blackness....
- Harry regains consiousness, looking into the face of Dumbledore. Harry is in the Hospital Wing, tended by Madam
Pomfrey where he has been the
last three days. She lets Dumbledore talk briefly to Harry. Dumbledore
tells Harry that while in London it became clear to him that he should
be at Hogwarts. He returned immediately, getting back just in time to
pull Quirrell off of Harry.The Stone has been destroyed, Quirrell is
dead, Voldemort's presence unknown.
- Dumbledore also tells Harry that his mother died to save him; that it was he
who gave him the Invisibility Cloak at the request of his late father and that his father once saved Snape's
life; Snape, seemingly wanting to hurt Harry, in reality working so
hard to protect Harry's life to make the score even with Harry's father.
- Ron and Hermione visit him. Also Hagrid visits him, in tears, feeling
guilty for having told a stranger about how to get past Fluffy, resulting
in the risk of Harry's life. Harry gets a photo album of his parents
- During the end of year feast, it is announced that Slytherin has the
most house points and it appears that they will win the house cup. But
Dumbledore awards Ron, Hermione, Harry, and Neville an extra 170 points
total, thereby making Gryffindor the winner of the house cup.
- All of them passed their exams. The next day they board the Hogwarts
Express and head back home, where Harry will spend another summer with