Chapter 1-6 The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters
- Harry anxious waits for the end of the summer holidays. He names his
- Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon
and Dudley take Harry to King's Cross, where he has to go to platform nine and three-quarters
to catch the train that will take him to Hogwarts.
- The Dursleys leave, but Harry can't find the platform. Suddely he
hears a woman talking about "muggles"
with 4 boys and a girl. The girl's name is Ginny.
The boys' names are Percy, Fred,
George and Ron. She explains to Harry that he
should 'walk right through the wall'.
- After going through the wall he arrives on the platform where the
Hogwarts Express is already waiting.
He hears a boy called Neville telling his grandmother
that he lost his toad again.
- Fred and George help Harry with his trunk. They realise who Harry
is because of his scar.
- Percy, with a silver badge on his chest with the letter "P" on it,
can't stay long because he has to go to the prefect's compartments.
- Ron joins Harry in his compartment and they start talking. Harry learns
Ron has 2 other brothers, Bill and Charlie. Ron got Percy's old rat Scabbers.
- During their trip a women comes by selling Bertie Bott's Every Flavor
Beans, Drooble's Best Blowing Gum,
Chocolate Frogs, Pumpkin Pasties, Cauldron Cakes, Licorice Wands, and other strange things.
Harry buys them both some of everything.
- The chocolate frogs have collectors cards in them featuring Famous Witches and Wizards.
Ron's still missing Agrippa and Ptolemy.
- Harry has gotten a card with a photo of Albus Dumbledore. The card reads:
Considered by many the greatest wizard of modern times, Dumbledore is
particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald
in 1945 , for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with
his partner, Nicolas Flamel. Professor
Dumbledore enjoys chamber music and tenpin bowling.
- Ron has a card with a picture of a witch named Morgana.
- Harry also gets cards with photographs of Hengist of Woodcroft, Alberic Grunnion, Circe, Paracelsus, Merlin and Cliodna
- Harry and Ron meet Hermione Granger.
She tells them she has read about Harry in Modern Magical History,
The rise and Fall
of the Dark Arts and Great
Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century.
- Hermione starts talking about the two of the houses of Hogwarts, Gryffindor,
- Ron tells Harry that his brother Charlie is in Romania studying dragons and Bill works in Africa for Gringotts
- Three boys enter the compartment, Crabbe, Goyle and Draco Malfoy. They start arguing
and when they almost ends up in a fight, Scabbers bites Goyle's finger.
- Hagrid instructs all first year students to follow him. Awaiting them
are small boats which they will ride in, four to a boat. The boats will
carry them across the lake to the castle.