Chapter 2-3 The Burrow
- Ron wakes Harry up. He heard about
Harry being locked up from his father who works for the Ministry of
- He came together with Fred and
George in their father's flying
car. After taking all his stuff and Hedwig
they break out the bars, almost being caught by Uncle Vernon, and fly back to Ron's house.
- They speculate about who's House-elf Dobby is,
highly suspecting Lucius Malfoy, father
of Draco of Slytherin.
- Ron now understands it was not the fault of Errol, the Weasley's owl, nor Hermes, Percy's owl (a present for becoming Prefect), that Harry did not receive their
- Harry is told that Mr. Weasley works
for at the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts
Office at the Ministry of Magic together
with a warlock called Perkins.
- They arrive at their house, the Burrow, near a village called Ottery St. Catchpole, where an
angry and worried Mrs. Weasley
is waiting for them. After a storm of angry words they enter the house.
- Harry sees a clock on the wall that does not have numbers. Instead,
its hands point to: "time to make tea", "time to feed the chickens"
and "you're late". He also sees books on the mantelpiece with titles
like Charm Your Own Cheese, Enchantment
in Baking and One Minute Feast - It's Magic!
and hears Witching Hour on the radio
with the popular singing sorceress Celestina Warbeck
- During breakfast, Ginny enters
in her nightdress, giving a small squeal and running out again. After
finishing breakfast, Fred, George and Ron have to de-gnome
the garden. Harry offers to help since he never saw a de-gnoming before.
Mrs Weasley takes a book of Gilderoy
Lockhart's from the mantelpiece. On it, written in gold letters,
is the title Gilderoy Lockhart's
Guide to Household Pests.
- Mr. Weasley comes home after
a rough night of work. He complains there were nine raids and old Mundungus
Fletcher tried to put a hex on him when he
had his back turned. All they came up with were a few shrinking door
keys and a biting kettle. There was some pretty nasty stuff but that
wasn't his department. Mortlake was taken
away for questioning about some odd ferrets, but that's the Committee
on Experimental Charms.
- Mrs. Weasley quarrells with Mr. Weasley about him having enchanted
the car to fly.
- Harry is being shown Ron's room. It's covered with posters of his
favorite quidditch team, the Chudley Cannons. In a corner, there
is a pile of comics titled The Adventures
of Martin Miggs, the Mad Muggle. Although Ron apologises that the
room is a bit small and right underneath the ghoul
in the attic, Harry says it's the best house he's ever been in.