Chapter 3-8 Flight of the Fat Lady
- In no time at all, Defense Against the Dark
Arts becomes everyone's favourite class. After Boggarts, they studied
Red Caps, little Goblin-like creatures and Kappas, water-dwellers that look like scaly monkeys.
- Professor Snape is giving them a hard time. Harry is not fond of Professor
Trelawney's classes, Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown loved her classes more
then anyone. In Hagrid's classes they now were only spending their lessons
looking after Flobberworms.
- There's one thing to look forward to, Quidditch is about to start again. Oliver Wood is telling the team it will
be his last year, his last chance to win the Quidditch Cup.
- After returning from Quidditch practice one day, Harry hears that
first Hogsmeade weekend will be at Halloween.
Fred is happy; he needs to visit Zonko's cause he's nearly out of Stink Pellets. Harry will not be allowed
to go, since he has no written permission.
- Crookshanks attacks Scabbers again, who hides beneath an old chest
- After the next Transfiguration lesson, Harry plans
to ask Professor McGonagall if he can go to Hogsmeade
anyway. Before class starts, Lavender Brown is crying outside
the classroom. Her rabbit was killed by a fox and today is the sixteenth
of October. She thinks this was what Professor Trelawney predicted.
After Transfiguration class, Professor asks the students to hand in
their written permission. Neville forgot his, but appearantly
his grandmother sent it directly to
Professor McGonagall. Harry asks her if he can go anyway without the
written permission but the answer is no.
- On Halloween, after seeing the the other student off, Harry is asked
by Colin Creevy why he's not going.
Harry tells him he needs to do some work in the library. Having told
Colin this, he has no choice but to head back toward the common room.
He runs into Filch who asks him why he's not with the rest at Hogsmeade
buying Stink Pellets, Belch Powder and Whizzing Worms. He sends him back to
the common room. Harry wanders around a bit.
- He is suddenly called by Professor Lupin. Lupin shows Harry the Grindylow, a water demon, which has just arrived and will be used
for next lessons. They start talking and Harry asks him why he didn't
let him confront the Boggart. Lupin explains
he was afraid it would turn into Voldemort and that would scare the
other students. Harry says it probably would have turned into a Dementor.
Professor Snape comes in bringing
a potion for Lupin.
- The rest of the class returns from Hogsmeade. Ron brings a lot of
sweets for Harry and tells him they went to Dervish and Banges, Zonko's, to
the Three Broomsticks to drink Butterbeer
and to many other places and that he thinks they saw an Ogre
at the Three Broomsticks.
- At night there's the Halloween dinner. After dinner they return back
to the Gryffindor common room but cannot enter, as the Fat Lady has fled from her painting, which
was slashed by someone. Professor Dumbledore is fetched. Peeves, who saw her running through paintings
on the fourth floor, tells them that she said it was Sirius Black who did it.