Chapter 4-15 Beauxbatons and Durmstrang
- Worried about Sirius coming and the chance of him being caught, Harry
writes him back to tell him that he is fine and that there is no need
for him to come.
- In Defense Against the
Dark Arts classes, Professor Moody has them practice the Imperius Curse. After some of the other
students seem helpless to the curse, it is Harry's turn. Moody puts
an ¤ Imperio on him but Harry partly
manages to resist it.
- One day, coming back from classes, they read an announcement in the
Entrance Hall regarding the Triwizard Tournament. The delegations from
Beauxbatons and Durmstang will arrive on the 30th of October and there
will be a welcoming feast.
- Harry hears that Cedric Diggory will
enter his name to be in the Tournament.
- During the following week, everything seems to be prepared for the
arrival of the two other school-delegations. Everybody seems tense.
Even Professor McGonagall told Neville off for not even being able to
perform a simple Switching Spell.
- Hermione tells them that the Heads of the three schools will be among
the judges of the Tournament. She is still upset about the 'slavery'
- Harry gets another letter from Sirius.
- All students meet in the Entrance Hall to welcome Durmstrang and Beauxbatons. The delegation of Beauxbatons
arrive first in a horse-drawn carriage. Dumbledore welcomes the Head of
the school, Madame Maxime. From
the lake the Durmstrang delegation arrives by ship. Dumbledore also
welcomes Professor Karkaroff. Among the Durmstrang students
is Viktor Krum.