Chapter 4-17 The Four Champions
- Professor McGonagall sends
Harry to the room next door after his name has popped out of the Goblet.
Krum, Fleur Delacour and Cedric Diggory are already in there.
Bagman comes in and tells the three
other champions Harry is the fourth champion. They are joined by Snape,
Dumbledore, Mr Crouch, Karkaroff and Madame Maxime. Madam Maxime and Karkaroff
protest to the fact that Hogwarts has 2 champions now.
- Dumbledore asks if Harry put his name in the Goblet himself or if
he asked somebody to do it. Harry tells him no, he did not. Moody
joins in and explains that Harry must compete now, as he is bound
by a magical contract. Moody presumes some powerfull wizard used a Confundus Charm to make the Goblet forget only 3 champions may compete,
using Harry's name under a fourth school, with intention to harm Harry
or even have him killed. Dumbledore explains all 4 have to compete,
the Goblet has chosen.
- The four champions are told that the first task will test their daring.
- The teachers leave and the four students are sent to their dormitories.
On his way back, Harry wonders who put his name in the Goblet. The Fat
Lady already heard about the story from Violet.
Harry enters the dormitory.
- He walks right into the Gryffindor's celebration, everybody wondering
how he managed to get his name in the Goblet. Harry is not much into
partying and goes upstairs to talk to Ron. Ron is upset that Harry didn't
include him in his plans to enter his name. Explaining he did not is
no use, Ron does not want to believe him.