Chapter 4-6 The Portkey
- The next morning, everybody wakes up early to go to the World Cup.
Bill, Charlie and Percy will go by Apparating. Since the Department of Magical
Transportation obliges you to pass a test, Harry, Ron, Fred, George, Ginny and Hermione cannot Apparate, so the
will go to the Cup with Mr. Weasley
by other means. Mr. Weasley tells them a pair of people splinched
themselves once, while trying to apparate, leaving half of themselves
behind! The Accidental
Magic Reversal Department had to be called to sort them out.
- Before they leave, Mrs. Weasley rids
Fred and George of their remaining Ton-Tongue Toffees, which they were
supposed to throw away, using a Summoning Charm, ¤ Accio.
- Mr. Weasley explains they'll use a Portkey, used to transport wizards from one
spot to another at a prearranged time, to get to the Cup. The nearest
one for them is at the top of Stoatshead Hill at the village of Ottery
- They arrive on the spot and look for the Portkey. They meet with Amos
Diggory and his son Cedric
who already found the Portkey. Since the Lovegoods (1,
2) have been at the Cup for a week already
and the Fawcetts couldn't get tickets, they won't have
to wait for others.
- The Portkey takes them to the Cup.