Chapter 4-7 Bagman and Crouch
- Harry, Ron, Fred, George, Ginny, Hermione and Mr. Weasley arrive at the Quidditch World Cup area. They
are welcomed by Basil from the Transportation
Department. Basil warns them they had better get out of the way since
there is a big party coming in from the Black Forest. He redirects them to their
campsite. The site manager is Mr. Roberts. The Diggorys go to another field.
Their camp manager is Mr Payne.
- They go to their camp and meet with Mr. Roberts. Mr. Roberts, a muggle,
thinks this is all really strange. A wizard appears behind him and puts
a Memory Charm, ¤
Obliviate on him. The wizard tells Mr. Weasley that Mr. Roberts
needs a Memory Charm ten times a day, and it's not helping that Ludo
Bagman has been talking in Quidditch terms all day. Bagman played Quidditch
for England himself. He was the best Beater the Wimbourne Wasps ever had.
- They arrive at their spot and set up the tent which Mr. Weasley borrowed
from Perkins at the office. It is furnished
exactly in the style as Mrs. Figg's home. Harry, Ron and Hermione get
water at the other end of the field. A tiny boy called Kevin is playing with his fathers wand. They
see a banner on a tent which reads The Salem Witches' Institute.
They meet with Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas.
- At the water tap there's a waiting line. One of the wizards, Archie, is wearing a womans dress.
- On the way back to the tent they also see Oliver Wood, who tells them he has been
signed to the Puddlemere United
reserve team, Ernie Macmillan
and Cho Chang.
- Many Ministry members pass by the tent, greeting Mr. Weasley. Among
them Cuthbert Mockrigde,
Head of the Goblin Liaison Office, Gilbert Wimple of the Committee on Experimental
Charms, Arnold Peasegood,
an Obliviator and member of the Accidental Magic Reversal
Department, Bode and Croaker,
who are Unspeakables from the Department of Mysteries.
- Bill, Charlie and Percy arrive by Apparating.
- While having lunch, Ludo Bagman visits
them. Bagman tells them he takes bets from people. He already got Roddy
Pontner betting that Bulgaria will score first, and Agatha Timms put up half shares in her
eel farm. Mr. Weasley puts a Galleon on Ireland to win. Fred and George
want to bet thirty-seven Galleons, fifteen Sickles and three Knuts and a fake wand, but Mr. Weasley prevents
them from betting.
- Bagman tells them that his Bulgarian opposite number's making difficulties,
but Mr. crouch will sort it out; he speaks about a hundred and fifty
languages. Percy corrects him, saying he speaks over two hundred, Mermish
and Gobbledegook and Troll...
- Barty Crouch apparates. He
tells Mr. Weasley that Ali Bashir wants
to talk to him about the embargo on flying carpets. Mr. Weasly says
that he explained to Bashir that flying carpets are defined as a Muggle
Artifact by the Registry of Proscribed
Charmable Objects. Mr. Crouch tells them he remembers his grandfather
used to have an Axminster.
- Bagman and Crouch leave.
- At night, the area becomes crowded with salesmen. Harry buys three
- Green and red lanterns blaze into life in the trees, as the game is
about to start.