Chapter 4-8 The Quidditch World Cup
- Everybody walks through the woods toward the Cup stadiom where the
Quidditch World Cup is about to
start . It has Muggle-Repelling Charms all
over it. They are led to the Top Box. Harry sees a gigantic blackboard
with commercials for the Bluebottle, a broom with an Anti-Burglar Buzzer, Mrs. Skower's
All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover and Gladrags Wizardwear.
- There is also a House-elf in the box.
They learn that her name is Winky. She tells
them that Dobby has gone 'crazy' after getting
his freedom, wanting to be paid for work, and that Dobby should worry
about ending up in front of the Department
for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures.
- Team mascots will precede the match. Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic arrives at the
top box. Also Lucius Malfoy, Draco and Mrs. Malfoy appear and The Bulgarian
Minister of Magic Mr. Oblansk. The Malfoys are guests of Mr.
Fudge because they made a contribution to St.
Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. Finally, Ludo
Bagman arrives to do the commentary. With a ¤
Sonorus he amplifies his voice.
- The Bulgarian team mascots, Veela, appear,
followed by the Irish mascots, Leprechauns.
- The Bulgarian team players enter; Dimitrov, Ivanova, Zograf, Levski, Vulchanov, Volkov and Viktor Krum.
- Next the Irish players enter; Connolly, Ryan,
Troy, Mullet, Moran, Quigley and Lynch.
- All Irish players have a Firebolt. The
referee, acclaimed Chairwizard of the International Association
of Quidditch, Hassan Mostafa from Egypt, enters.
He kicks a crate open and the Quaffle, the two Bludgers and the Snitch fly out into the air. The Quidditch game begins.
- Harry uses his Omnioculars to see the
match better, reading comments like Hawkshead Attack Formation
as the Irish Chasers zoom closely together
and Porskoff Ploy. The Irish are scoring
and increasing the lead. The Match becomes more brutal. The Bulgarian
Beaters are whacking the Bludgers fiercely at
the Irish Chasers. Both Seekers suddenly dive,
but Krum is faking and pulls out of the dive just before the ground.
Lynch however, hits the ground hard. Harry watches a review on his omnioculars
in slow motion reading Krum doing the Wronski
Feint. After a time out, the game starts again.
- The Irish team increases their lead to one hundred and thirty points
to ten. Bulgaria's Keeper Zograf makes a foul and Ireland gets a penalty.
Mostafa is enchanted by the Bulgarian Veela, and after he begins to
feel normal he sends them away. The Bulgarian players protest and Mostafa
gives two more penalties to Ireland. The game is getting uglier and
many fouls are comitted. The Veela are angry at the Irish leprechauns
and show their real nature. Their faces turn into cruel-beaked bird
heads and long scaly wings burst from their shoulders. Krum gets hit
in his face; his nose looks broken. Lynch spots the Snitch and goes
after it, Krum following. Lynch crashes again. Krum catches the Snitch
but Ireland wins. The game ends with with a score of one hundred and
sixty points for Bulgaria and one hundred and seventy for Ireland.
- Two ministry wizards bring the Cup into the Top Box and Fudge hands
it over in the end-ceremony.
- Bagman turns off his speakerphone voice with a ¤ Quietus. Fred and George had made
a bet with Bagman that Krum would catch the snitch, but Ireland would
win. They had won their bet.