Chapter 5-1 Dudley Demented
- Harry is back at the Dursleys' at Privet
Drive, lying hidden below a window in the garden so he can hear
the tv news. He sees Mrs.
Figg passing by, frowning and muttering to herself.
- Aunt Petunia
tells Uncle Vernon
that Dudley is at the Polkiss'. Harry knows that Dudley and his gang
have been around vandalising the neighbourhood instead. He had seen
them around in Little
- Listening to the news, there's only unimportant events. Something
about a Spanish strike, a helicopter crash, an actress's divorce and
something about Bungy
the budgy who lives at the Five
Feathers, reported by Mary
- Sudenly there's a loud crack, a cat streaks out from under a parked
car, a shriek, a bellowed oath and the sound of breaking china, and
Harry draws his wand.
- Uncle Vernon is furious about Harry drawing his wand and acts like
a car has backfired to "Mrs.
Number Seven" on the opposite side of the street.
- After a discussion with Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia Harry walks
away. He thinks the cracking noise was someone Apparating or Disapparating. He's disappointed that he
heard very little news from Ron and Hermione, only receiving a box of
Honeydukes chocolates from her.
- He turns a corner into Magnolia
Crescent, next into Magnolia
Road and finally into the park. He's thinking about the news, his
dreams about Cedric and about long dark corridors.
- While sitting in a swing, Dudley
and his gang pass by. Dudley is heading home and Harry follows to go
back too. At the end of Magnolia Road Harry sees Dudley parting with
his friends Piers
Polkiss and Gordon.
Harry starts bickering with Dudley, asking him if he's been been beating
up ten-year-olds again. Harry knows Dudley did Mark
Evans two nights ago.
- They walk through Magnolia Crescent again and Wisteria
Walk. While they are arguing, suddenly the air gets cold and the
sky becomes pitch black. Dudley knocks Harry to the ground and runs
away. Harry loses his wand. Next thing they are attacked by two Dementors.
- Harry can't find his wand, he uses the ¤
Lumos spell and his Wand
tip lights up inches from his hand. He tries the ¤
Expecto Patronum but only a silver whisper of vapour comes out
of his wand. He tries the Patronus
Charm again but another whisp of smoke appears. A Dementor is closing
in on him now and he hears laughter and a high pitched voice in his
head. At the last moment he manages to finally conjure up his Patronus
and drives off the Dementor attacking him and the one attacking Dudley.
- Harry helps Dudley up and sees Mrs. Figg arriving. When he quickly
puts away his wand, she orders him not to put it away in case there
are more Dementors around and she seems to be furious with Mundungus