Chapter 5-13 Detention with Dolores
- Harry, Ron and Hermione return to the common room. Hermione again
warns Fred and George, who are trying some stuff on a bunch of first-years,
- In Charms they practice Summoning Charms and in Transfiguration
Vanishing Spells which are much easier
than Conjuring Spells.
- In the afternoon they have Care of Magical Creatures
with Professor Grubbly-Plank. They get to study Bowtruckles. Harry asks Grubbly-Plank about
Hagrid, but she does not give an answer.
Draco says that 'maybe Hagrid got
himself badly injured by messing with stuff that's too big for
him'. On their way to the greenhouses Luna tells him she believed Voldemort
is back and that Harry fought and escaped from him. Some people laugh
but Luna said that people also used to think that Blibbering Humdinger and the Crumple-Horned
Snorkack didn't exist. Ernie Macmillan says he also believes
- Harry goes to Umbridge for detention. Harry has
to write 'I must not tell lies' with a quill of hers which cuts the
skin of his hand simultaneously. When returning late to the common room,
Ron is still doing his homework.
- Ron doesn't tell why he's so busy and seems sneaky. Lurking behind
a statue of Lachlan the Lanky, he gives a great
leap of surprise when he sees Harry and tries to hide his new Cleansweep Eleven behind his back.
Then he confesses he's practising for Keeper try-outs. Ron sees the marks on Harry's
hand from doing lines.
- During try-outs, Harry is again in detention. While he's writing lines,
he's watching the Quidditch pitch but it's hard to see much. When Umbridge
checks out his hand, he get's a sudden seering pain in his Scar. He's allowed to go
- Back in the common room, he finds out Ron is the new Keeper. Angelina
tells Harry that Ron is not fabulous but was chosen over Vicky Frobisher and Geoffrey Hooper.
- Harry talks with Hermione about the pain when Umbridge touched him.
Hermione thinks that she's not possesed by Voldemort and unlikely to
be under influence of Imperius Curse. She advises Harry to
talk to Dumbledore but Harry prefers to tell Sirius.