Chapter 5-14 Percy and Padfoot
- Harry wakes up and writes a letter to Sirius. Next he sets out to the owlery.
Nearly Headless Nick warns him that Peeves is planning a joke on the
next person passing the bust of Paracelsus. During his walk, Mrs Norris passes by and disappears behind
the statue of Wilfred the Wistful.
- In the owlery he sends Hedwig away with the letter. When he watches
her fly over the Forbidden Forest, he sees the strange
horse-like creature rise out of the trees, circle around
and plunge back into the trees.
- Cho enters the owlery to send a birthday-present
to her mother. Next Filch storms in, accusing Harry to have ordered
Dungbombs. Cho sticks up for Harry.
- During breakfast Hermione reads in the Daily Prophet that Sirius has been spotted
in London. They think that Lucius Malfoy may have spotted Sirius/Snuffles
at Kings Kross. Another article says Sturgis Podmore has been arrested by
watchwizard Eric Munch trying to break into a top security
door at the Ministry of Magic. He has been sentenced
to six months in Azkaban by the Wizengamot.
- Hermione says they should work on the essay for Sprout and start on
McGonagall's Inanimatus Conjurus Spell
before lunch instead of practising for Quidditch.
- In the afternoon they go to Quidditch practice. Malfoy and other Slytherins
are watching, trying to provoke them and making fun of them. Ron has
a bad training session, accidently giving Katie a nosebleed. Fred, by mistake, gives
Katie a Blood Blisterpod and they stop training
when her nosebleed is too bad to continue.
- In the evening Ron receives a letter from Percy, brought by Hermes. He advises Ron not to fraternize with
Harry, Dumbledore and his supporters. He also says that that the Ministry
will be taking steps at Hogwarts and he should watch out for tomorrows'
issue of the Daily Prophet.
- Sirius's head appears in the fireplace, using the Floo Network, to talk to Harry. They talk
about his scar hurting, and about Umbridge. Lupin also does not like her, because she
drafted a bit of anti-Werewolf legislation two years ago. Umbridge
loathes part-humans. They tell him Umbridge does not let them train
spells and Sirius explains Umbridge is afraid Dumbledore is building
his own private army to take on the Ministry of Magic. Sirius says there's
no news from Hagrid yet.