Chapter 5-27 The Centaur and the Sneak
- Harry and Ron have their first Divination
class by Firenze. Firenze greets Harry and
says it was foretold they meet again, all other students are in awe.
Firenze tells them his herd banned him from the Forbidden Forest because
he agreed to work for Dumbledore. They look at the stars like with astrology.
Firenze reveals the stars tell that in the past decade wizardkind was
living through a calm between wars, Mars suggesting that the fight must
break out again soon.
- After class Firenze asks Harry to tell Hagrid that his attempt is
not working and he would do better to abandon it.
- OWLs are drawing nearer. Hannah Abbot is the first to receive a Calming
Draught from Madam Pomfrey.
- DA meetings keep Harry from getting
miserable. They are practicing the Patronus
Charm. During practice Dobby comes to warn
them that Umbridge is coming.
They all flee.
- Harry is tackled by a Trip Jinx by Draco.
Umbridge arrives and sends Draco and Pansy
to look for the others.
- Umbridge takes Harry to Dumbledore.
In his office McGonagall
and Fudge are also waiting.
Kingsley Shacklebolt and
another tough-looking wizard are positioned like guards by the door
and Percy is sitting holding a
quill and parchment.
- After seeing Dumbledore give a hint, Harry replies to Fudge he does
not know why he's there. When Fudge looks at Umbridge, Harry sees Dumbledore
give the carpet the tiniest of nods and the shadow of a wink. Harry
keeps pleading innocence.
- Next Umbridge goes to fetch their informant. She comes back with Marietta.
Umbridge mentions that Marietta's mother, Madam
Edgecombe works at the Ministry at the
Department of Magical Transportation at the Floo
Network office, she has been helping them to police the Hogwarts
fires. Marietta raises her head and her face is horribly disfigured
by purple pustules and form the word 'SNEAK'. Marietta told Umbridge
about the DA and the Room of Requirement.
Since Marietta saw herself in the mirror she refuses to tell anything
- Umbridge also mentions they have a testimony from
Willy Widdershins that Harry met with the other students in the
Hog's Head to plan it. McGonagall accuses
them that that's why he was not prosecuted for the regurgitating toilets.
- Dumbledore argues that that was before the decree on student societies
was in effect, so Harry is innocent. Harry thinks he hears a rustle
and Kingsley whispering, also it looked like something brushed his side.
Marietta now denies there have been meetings after the decree.
- Umbridge gets angry at Marietta and starts shaking her. Dumbledore
and Kingsley tell her to control herself.
- Then Umbridge shows the list Pansy found in the Room of Requirement,
all the DA names are on it.
- Dumbledore takes all the blame. He tells them he won't come quietly
and has no intention to be send to Azkaban. Fudge looks at Kingsley
and the other guard. Dumbledore warns the other Auror,
Dawlish, not to use force. Fudge orders
Dawlish and Shacklebolt to take Dumbledore.
- After some hectic events, Harry is on the floor, McGonagall had forced
him and Marietta down. Fudge, Dawlish, Shacklebolt and Umbridge lay
motionless on the floor. Fawkes flies around.
Dumbledore explains Shacklebolt had modified Marietta's memory during
- Dumbledore leaves, he says he's not going in hiding though. Dumbledore
again tells Harry he must study Occlumency as hard as he can, he will
understand why soon enough. When Dumbledore touches Harry, he feels
his scar in pain and a sudden hate and anger towards him. Next thing
Dumbledore and Fawkes disappear.