Chapter 5-31 OWLs
- Harry and Hermione tell Ron about Grawp.
- OWLs are getting close.
Harry hears Draco bragging that
his father is close to the Wizarding Examinations
Authority. Neville does not think it's
true because Griselda Marchbanks
is a friend of his grandmother and she never mentioned the
- In the meanwhile, a big black-market trade in aids to concentration
is growing. Ron is tempted by Baruffio's Brain Elixer. But
Hermione stops him and says it doesn't work; nor does Dingle's Powdered Dragon Claw.
They are fake.
- McGonagall gives people their OWL examination tables. She mentions
strict Anti-Cheating spells, banning
of Auto-Answer Quills, Remembralls, Detachable Cribbing Cuffs
and Self-correcting Ink.
- First exam on monday is Charms. Harry tests Hermione. Hermione accidentally
hits Harry in the nose with Achievements in Charming.
Parvati and Lavender practice a Locomotion Charm.
- During dinner they see the examiners arrive. Professor Marchbanks
asks Umbridge where Dumbledore is. She mentions she examined Dumbledore
personally in Transfiguration and Charms when he did NEWTs.
- After Charms theory exam, students are called
in alphabetically for practical exam. Hermione goes together with Goldstein,
Goyle and Daphne Greengrass. After a while
it's Harry's turn who is examined by Professor Tofty. Harry needs to do some Levitation Charm, a Colour Change Charm and a Growth Charm.
- The day after is the Transfiguration exam and next is Herbology.
- Then Harry has Defense Against the Dark
Arts exam. Professor Tofty heard from his friend Tiberius Ogden that Harry can conjure
a Patronus with the Patronus Charm. Harry shows it with
a ¤ Expecto Patronum. Hermione
still has an Ancient Runes exam.
- Again someone put a Niffler in Umbridge's
- Harry's exam in Potions goes well. In the
Care of Magical Creatures
exam Harry has to identify a Knarl, demonstrate how to handle a Bowtruckle, feed and clean a Fire Crab and choose a diet for a sick Unicorn.
- Divination does not go to well. Astronomy theory exam went well
enough. In the evening Harry has the practical exam. During the exam
Harry sees five or six shadows moving over the lawn. He hears a distant
knock and a dog barking. He sees Hagrid open the door and six people
enter. Harry hears a roar. Then a loud BANG. Harry sees the six people
trying to stun Hagrid. Harry hears Hagrid say the name of one of them.
It is Dawlish, which Harry knows is one Fudge's
Aurors. Another one is Umbridge. A Stunning spell catches Fang. Then they see Professor McGonagall speed over to the
scene. She's caught by four Stunners at the same time and blown off
her feet. Hagrid runs away with Fang.
- It turns out it was Lee who had been putting Nifflers in Umbridge's
- During his final exam, History of Magic,
Harry, while staring at Parvati's back, wishes he could only
perform a little Legilimency to know the
answer on a question. While closing his eyes and burying his face in
his hands, the answer comes to him. He drowses off in thought.
- He is walking along the corridor again,
through the circular room, the long rectangular room full of an odd
mechanical clicking. Through the cathedral-sized Hall
full of shelves with glass spheres, reaching number ninety-seven and
turning left. At the end of two rows he sees someone on the floor. It's
Sirius and he hears Voldemort
performing a ¤ Crucio on him and ordering
him to take it for him.
- Harry wakes up with his Scar on fire.