Chapter 5-38 The Second War Begins
- The Sunday Prophet announces the
return of Voldemort. Fudge has confirmed it. He also tells
that there has been a mass revolt of the Dementors of Azkaban. Dumbledore is reinstated as Headmaster
and member of the International Confederation of Wizards and Chief Warlock
of the Wizengamot.
- Harry and Hermione are visiting Ron in the Hospital wing. Ginny and Neville have
nearly recovered and Luna came with them. Ron is recovering from the
brain tentacles. Madam Pomfrey gave him Dr. Ubbly's Oblivious Unction.
- Luna's father (Mr Lovegood) sold the article
of Harry's interview, Luna and her father will go to Sweden and see
if they can catch a Crumple-Horned Snorkack.
- Flitwick got rid of Fred and George's swamp but left a tiny patch
as a kind of momentum.
- Umbridge is lying in a bed
at the opposite side. Dumbledore rescued her from the forest. Umbridge
is in shock.
- Harry goes to see Hagrid. On his way he encounters Draco, Crabbe and Goyle. They argue and before they can hex
each other Snape emerges from
a staircase. He wants to take housepoints but Gryffindor has none. Then
Professor McGonagall arrives and gives
Harry and his friends fifty points each.
- Then he's sent away and goes to Hagrid. Hagrid had been hiding.
He wants to find a lady-friend for Grawp.
- The last day of school has arrived. When packing his trunk he notices
the package Sirius once given him. It
contains a small square mirror. On the back Sirius wrote that it is
a two-way mirror and he's got the other one. By saying his name in it
they can talk to each other. He used to use it a lot with James.
Harry tries it but it doesn't work. Sirius won't appear.
- Harry goes to look for Nearly Headless Nick. Nick has
been expecting him. It happens sometimes when somebody suffers a loss.
Harry asks about ghosts and people who died coming back. Nick tells
him not everyone can come back as a ghost; only wizards. Nick says Sirius
won't. Some wizards can leave an imprint of themselves upon the earth
but very few wizards choose that path. Nick was afraid of death and
chose to stay; he's neither here nor there. At the Department of Mysteries they
study this matter.
- Harry sees Luna. Ginny told
her Sirius was his godfather. Harry remembers Luna can see Thestrals
and asks who she saw die. Luna says she saw her mother die. She liked
to experiment and one of her spells went wrong. She says she still has
her dad and that it's not as if she'll never see her Mother again. Luna
refers to the Archway and the voices behind the veil.
- Harry goes back with the Hogwarts Express next day. Draco, Crabbe
and Goyle have been waiting to attack Harry but they unfortunately tried
to ambush him in a compartment full of DA members. They end up looking like
three gigantic slugs.
- In the train Harry hears that Cho is seeing
Michael Corner. Ginny now is seeing
- At King's Cross Moody, Tonks, Lupin, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and Fred
and George are waiting. Also the Dursleys are waiting. The Order members
tell the Dursleys that they will make certain they are not mistreating