Chapter 5-5 The Order of the Phoenix
- Sirius explains that they have been
trying to get the painting of his mother down, but they think she put a Permanent Sticking Charm on
the back of the canvas. This house is Sirius's parents house. He is
the last Black left.
- They go down and Harry meets there with Ron, Mrs. Weasley, Bill and Mr. Weasley. Tonks spoils a candle on a piece
of parchment. Harry thinks the parchment showed some building plan.
And also Moody, Lupin and Mundungus Fletcher are present.
- Bill makes the scrolls of parchment vanish with a ¤ Evanesco.
- Crookhanks sits on Sirius's lap. Sirius
says he's been bored a long time. Wormtail probably must have told Voldemort
he's an Animagus so his disguise has been useless.
He's still wanted by the Ministry and can't go out.
- Mrs. Weasley tells Sirius there's something trapped in the writing
desk of the drawing room. It is probably a Boggart, and that the curtains are full of
Doxys, and that they can take those out tomorrow.
- Tonks is doing her Metamorphmagus routine to entertain
Ginny and Hermione.
- Mr. Weasley, Bill and Lupin have a discussion about Goblins, wondering whose side they will take.
Bill has talked to Ragnok, and learned that they are still mad
about the Bagman business.
- Fred and George are listening to Mundungus
telling how he fooled Will ,a Gargoyle, by selling him toads which Will
himself stole from Warty Harris.
- Sirius wants to tell Harry about the Order of the Phoenix. Ginny is
sent away. Sirius tells them Voldemort is laying low, not wanting to draw
attention to himself. The Order is working hard to prevent him from
carrying out his plans. Dumbledore thinks Voldemort wants to
build up an army of Death Eaters and a great variety of Dark
creatures. Fudge seems to be trying to undermine
their efforts because he does not want to believe Voldemort is back.
Fudge also thinks Dumbledore wants his job, even though Dumbledore showed
no interest after Millicent Bagnold retired. The Daily Prophet has been trying to discredit
Dumbledore. He's already been voted out of the Chairmanship of the International Confederation
of Wizards and demoted from Chief Warlock on the Wizengamot, the Wizard High Court and they're
talking about taking away his Order of Merlin, First Class. Voldemort
has other plans too; to get something he can only get by stealth. Like
a weapon; something he didn't have last time.
- Then Mrs. Weasley stops the talk and sends the students to bed.