Chapter 5-7 The Ministry of Magic
- Harry wakes up early, ready to go to the hearing. Mrs. and Mr. Weasley, Sirius, Lupin and Tonks
are waiting in the kitchen. Lupin asks Tonks what she was saying about
Scrimgeour. He has been asking her and Kingsley
- Mr. Weasley tells Harry the hearing will be on his floor, in Amelia Bones' office. She's Head of the
Department of Magical
Law Enforcement. They go to the underground station and take the
train to the Ministry visitors' entrance, an old
red telephone box.
- They descend into the ground and arrive at the Atrium of the Ministry.
Harry sees a fountain with a group of golden statues of a wizard, a
witch, a Centaur, a Goblin and a House-elf. A sign beside the pool, full of
money, says that all proceeds from the Fountain
of Magical Brethren will go to St.
Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries.
- Harry has to leave his Wand with the security wizard called Eric.
- Mr. Weasley talks to a wizard called Bob who's holding a box with a fire breathing
chicken. He says it looks like a breach of the Ban on Experimental Breeding.
- They go into a lift. A lift voice calls the names of the departments
on the various floors.
On level seven, Department of Magical
Games and Sports, incorporating the British
and Irish Quidditch League Headquarters, Official Gobstones Club and
Ludicrous Patents Office.
On level six, Department of Magical
Transportation, incorporating the Floo Network Authority, Broom Regulatory Control,
Portkey Office and Apparation Test Centre. Some
inter-departmental memos fly in.
On level five, Department
of International Magical Co-operation, incorporating the International
Magical Trading Standards Body, the International Magical
Office of Law and the International Confederation
of Wizards, British Seats.
On level four, Department
for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, incorporating
Beast, Being and Spirit
Divisions, Goblin Liaison Office and Pest Advisory Bureau.
On level three, Department of Magical
Accidents and Catastrophes, including the Accidental Magic Reversal
Squad, Obliviator Headquarters and
Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee.
On level two, Department of Magical
Law Enforcement, including the Improper Use of Magic Office,
Aurors Headquarters and Wizengamot Administration
- They leave at this floor. Mr. Weasley's office is on the other side
of the floor. Although they are still underground, the windows show
sunlight. Magical Maintenance decides what
weather they'll get every day.
- They pass Auror Headquarters. Harry sees Kingsley Shacklebolt. He and
Mr. Weasley talk like they hardly know each other and Mr. Weasley prevents
Harry from saying hello to Kingsley by stepping just in time on Harry's
foot. In Kingsley's cubicle it appears he's investigating Sirius.
- The reach the Misuse of Muggle
Artifacts Office where Mr. Weasley works in a small office. Kingsley
gives Mr. Weasley a copy of The Quibbler to give to Sirius. A memo flies
in, saying that a third regurgitating public toilet has been reported
in Bethal Green. Mr. Weasley is told to investigate immediately.
- Perkins has arrived. He tells Mr. Weasley
they've changed the time and venue of Harry's hearing and that it started
five minutes ago in Courtroom Ten. They hurry to get to the
hearing. They take the lift to the Atrium. On the way up a wizard called
Bode steps in the lift and talks
with Mr. Weasley. They get out of the lift, speed through a corridor,
head left, go down a stairs and arrive at Courtroom Ten. Harry is sent