Chapter 6-25 The Seer Overhead
- Hermione thinks the Half-Blood Prince's name might be derived from an actual name and shows Harry an old picture of Eileen Prince, Captain of the Hogwarts Gobstones Team. Her father was a wizard with the surname "Prince", her mother a Muggle.
- Harry receives a scroll and Dumbledore wants to see him right away. On his way he hears a scream, he finds Professor Trelawney who, Harry spots, was trying to get into the Room of Requirement. She sais she did manage to get in but she heard a whooping voice, gleefully and happy, next thing everything went pitch black and she was hurled out of the room. Harry thinks she should tell Dumbledore and they both walk to his office.
- On their way Trelawny bables about Dumbledore's trust in her and about the night of the Prophecy, she mentions that while talking to Dumbledore they were rudely interrupted by Snape. There had been a commotion outside the door. Snape had said he came the wrong way up the stairs, but Trelawney thinks he was eavesdropping, since Snape had also been seeking a job at the time. Harry is perplexed. He concludes that it was Snape who overheard the Prophecy and who carried the news to Voldemort.
- Harry speeds over to Dumbledore. Dumbledore tells Harry they will leave immediately to go after one of the Horcruxes. Dumbledore believes it to be in the cave where young Tom Riddle terrorized two of the orphan children.
- Dumbledore sees Harry's troubled face and Harry tells him about what Trelawney said about Snape. Dumbledore's face whitens slightly. He tells Harry Snape made a terrible mistake. He did tell Voldemort the first half of the Prophecy. But he did not know which boy Voldemort would hunt from then onwards, or that the boys' parents Voldemort would kill would be people he knew. Snape had immense remorse and it Dumbledore believes it his greatest regret and reason he returned. Still he is sure, he trusts Snape completely. He does not wish to discuss the matter any further
- Harry may come with him under one condition which is to obey any command given to him at once and without question. Dumbledore tells Harry to get his Invisibility Cloak and meet in hin the Entrance Hall.
- Back in the common room he gives Hermione and Ron the Marauder's Map and the Felix Felicis and tells them about Malfoy and that they need to watch Malfoy and Snape and contact any other DA members they can.
- Harry goes to Dumbledore who instructs him to put on the Cloak. They go to Hogsmeade and near the Three Broomsticks hear some shouting by Madam Rosmerta. Dumbledore tells her he is going to the Hog's Head. There he takes Harry on a side-along-Apparition.