Chapter 6-30 The White Tomb
- All lessons are suspended and examinations postponed. Some students have left. For Dumbledore's funeral Madame Maxime arrives, meeting with Hagrid. A delegation of the Ministry is also present, including the Minister himself.
- Hermione has not found out who is R.A.B. She did find wizards with the initials, Rosalind Antigone Bungs and Rupert Axebanger Brookstanton but they don't fit at all. She found out something about Snape. The name she found earlier, Eileen Prince, was Snape's mother. She married a man called Tobias Snape. His father was a Muggle. Now Harry hates the fact that Snape, the Prince, has helped him so much. He is sure Snape knew about the book but probably he didn't want Dumbledore to know that it was his and what it contained.
- The next day is the funeral. Scrimgeour is present and Percy too. Harry feels some pity for Malfoy, who had seemed unwilling to really kill Dumbledore. Everybody goes outside where hundreds of chairs are waiting. Harry looks at the other people, Shacklebolt, Moody, Tonks, Lupin, Mrs and Mr Weasley, Bill, Fleur, Fred and George, Madam Maxime, Tom, Mrs Figg, Ernie Prang, Madam Malkin. He also sees Fudge, Rita Skeeter, and Umbridge.
- From the water Merpeople are singing.
- Hagrid is bringing Dumbledore's body wrapped in purple velvet and places it on the table in the front. Then goes to the back to join Grawp who pats him on the head, sinking the chair legs into the ground. Harry suppresses the urge to laugh. A man in the front is giving a speech, using great words. Harry remembers Dumbledore's idea of a few words: 'nitwit', 'oddment', 'blubber' and 'tweak' and again suppresses a grin. Harry then gets sad and flows tears. He sees the Centaurs at the edge of the forest, paying their respect.
- At the end of the speech white flames erupt around Dumbledore's body, higher and higher. White smoke spirals into the air making strange shapes. Harry for a second thinks he sees a Phoenix in the smoke and then the fire vanishes, in its place a white marble tomb.
- Harry confronts Ginny, saying they can't be together anymore, he has got to do things alone now. Voldemort uses people his enemies are close to. Ginny knows this would happen eventually.
- Scrimgeour takes Harry for a walk. He tries again to recruit Harry but Harry blows him off... he is still Dumbledore's man through and through.
- Harry tells Ron and Hermione he will go back to the Dursleys, a short visit, and then he'll be gone for good. He might go to Godric's Hollow, it all started there for him. Then he will go after the remaining Horcruxes and destroy them and finally after Voldemort himself. Ron and Hermione insist to come with him. But before anything of these plans, they will need to go to the Burrow, there's still one wedding planned they can't miss.