Chapter 6-6 Draco's Detour
- Harry stays at The Burrow. Lupin tells there have been more Dementor attacks, Igor Karkaroff was found dead with the Dark Mark set over it and Florean Fortescue and Ollivander are reported missing
- They receive book lists and a notice that Harry is now Quidditch Captain.
- Bill got gold from his vault for Harry, because of tightened security he could do it faster. He mentions that two days ago Arkie Philpott had a Probity Probe stuck up his ...
- Ministry cars take them to the Leaky Cauldron where Hagrid is waiting for them. They go to Diagon Alley which seems full of Ministry posters with security advice and photos of wanted Death Eaters.
- Mrs Weasley tells Harry, Ron and Hermione to go with Hagrid to Madam Malkin while she, Mr Weasley takes Ginny to Flourish and Blotts. At Madam Malkin's they encounter Draco and Narcissa Malfoy. They get into an argument and Narcissa warns Ron and Hermione not to attack Draco. Harry sneers back to her about getting a few Death Eaters. Narcissa tells Harry being Dumbledore's favorite he has a false sense of security, Dumbledore won't always be there to protect him. Draco complaints about sticking pins when Madam Malkin wants to heighten his left sleeve. Draco and his mother leave to do business at Twilfitt and Tatting's.
- Next they visit Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. They have new products like Self-Inking quills, Spell-Checking quills and Smart-Answer quills, Reusable Hangman and Patented Daydream Charms, Edible Dark Marks, WonderWitch products like love potions Guaranteed Ten-Second Pimple Vanisher and Pygmy Puffs. They meet with Fred and George who show them the back of the store where they keep more advanced products like Shield Hats, Shield Cloaks, Shield Gloves, Instant Darkness Powder and Decoy Detonators.
- Harry, Ron and Hermione see Draco outside and follow him using the Invisibility cloak. Draco goes into Borgin and Burkes and using Extendable Ears they eavesdrop on Draco's conversation with Mr Borgin. Draco wants some item fixed, Borgin says it will be difficult. By showing something to Borgin he tries to persuade him and says there will be retribution if he tells anyone, Fenrir Greyback is a family friend who will be dropping in from time to time. He also says he want to reserve something in the store. The three could not see what he was talking about because he was behind a cabinet. Hermione goes into the store to see and inquire what there is and what is still for sale but Mr Borgin sends her away (*spoiler*)