Harry and Ginny
There is no doubt in my mind that Harry will end up with Ginny in the
end. There are a few reasons for this:
1. This would make Harry an official part of the Weasley family, Mrs.Weasley
could call him son, and he and Ron would be brothers. As a note on this,
Harry never mentions Ginny as being like a sister to him, he never uses
2. Ron likes the idea of Ginny and Harry together, like in OoP p.866,
when he tells Ginny to find someone better next time and "..casts
Harry an oddly furtive look." That means there won't be any conflict
between Ron and Harry if it does happen.
3. Since JKR never does something without reason, I think it highly suspisous
that Ginny's ex Michael Corner ends up with Harry's ex Cho. Mis-match
couples? This also makes Ginny more of an equal, she is not little Ginny
anymore, they are all dating and doing the same things. She is now with
Dean Thomas who is the same age and everything as Harry.
4. The fact that Ginny took over for Harry as seeker. Harry mentions more
than once how amazed he is with Ginny's talent, he doesn't mention any
other players in this way, you would think he would be jeolous since she
took his spot but he's not. Also this might be a peep hole into Harry
finally noticeing Ginny as more than just Ron's little sister.
5. Ginny is becoming more and more of a prominant character, her and Hermione
confide in each other about stuff that they can't tell the boys, also
she accompanies Harry and the rest into the Department of Mysteries in
Book 5. They all ride home together on the train, like the six have a
6.Ginny is over Harry. She dates other guys, she can talk and even stand
up to Harry when he's being rude. This opens the door for Harry to be
the pursuer. Which always makes for better reading.
Want to react on this column? write your reaction to Rachel