What You See is What You Get...NOT
There are some characters mentioned in the Harry Potter books who I think
could be more than what they seem...
- Draco Malfoy- I feel that Malfoy isn't showing his true colors. I
believe that since his father is such a big Death Eater and he's trying
to kill Harry, there's something more to him than just arch nemesis
to Harry. I think he'll do something wacky, ludacris. I think that Draco
will play a major role in... the last book. I think that he'll do something
that no one will think he'll do. Maybe for his father and Voldemort,
or maybe, something for Harry...
- Stebbins- I noticed Stebbins' name in HP5 and in HP4. Once mentioned
while Karkaroff and Snape are talking, once while Harry is in the pensive
in Snape's most horrible memory of his childhood. I think that this
small relationship, once talked about in James' time, once in Harry's
is strange and could mean something.
- Grawp- Grawp showed that he could help Harry in the fifth book while
fighting the centaurs. But, after the OotP, he's not just going to disappear.
Grawp is going to have something to do in further books, I know it.
- Aragog- he came into the story at one point and helped Harry a little...
Who knows? Maybe he'll help again.
- Percy- I really think that Percy will shelve his pride and come home.
Perhaps he'll have other reasons than just feeling it was wrong of him
in the first place. Maybe he doesn't have any place to stay, maybe since
the MOM believes the story of Voldemort, he will too. But the question
know is, if Percy does choose to come home, will the Weasley's accept
- Hannah Abbot- She's been in the DA and she's been mentioned a lot.
She seems a little curious to me.
- Colin Creevey- Right now Colin is just the annoying little kid who
follows Harry (althought you don't hear as much about him in Order of
the Phoenix). But, could one of his pictures be the result of Dumbledore
winning the war? Could Colin help the good side in any way?
- Fleaur Delacour- She most definitely has to come back in the story.
We know she'd been hanging out with Ron's brother, but that's about
all we heard about her in the last book. I've heard rumors that she
might be a future Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher... Is this possible?
- Aberforth Dumbledore- I've also heard rumors about Dumbledore's brother.
Some think he oculd be the bartender in the Hog's(what's up with 'hog'?
HOGwarts... HOG's head...?) Head (because of the goat smell in the pub
and because Harry thought he seemed familiar to him... Maybe in the
picture that Moody showed him of the old Order members?). Could he also
help? We don't know why Dumbledore's only mentioned him once. Could
be have done something bad? Could he be a Death Eater? Could he be in
- Aunt Petunia- I really have a strong feeling that Petunia Dursley
is more than what she seems to be. More than a stuck-up, gossipy git.
I think that since she's Harry's only living blood relative (that we
know of so far) she should have a big part. Even though her home is
the reason for Harry being alive, I think that this only goes to show
that she has something to work off of. Could she meet with Voldemort
and help Harry defeat him? It's a long stretch, but maybe...
- Argus Filch- The squib seems strange. He can't do magic, but he's
harsh. Could his cat have powers? Mrs. Norris seems odd too. She can
tip Filch off about students. Could Mrs. Norris have special powers
of her own? Could the powers that his cat has make up for the lack of
- Viktor Krum- Hermione has been in contact with him since he left Hogwarts,
but we haven't seen him since book 4. I think Viktor's coming back...
- Luna's Father- He helped Harry get published in the Quibbler. Could
the Quibbler help Harry again? I think that Luna will really help Harry
along the way, too. Maybe Harry will even get help from the Krumple-horned
- Gilderoy Lockhart- He seemed to be hopeless in St. Mungo's and I don't
think that he helped Harry at all... Except for the fact that if Harry
and Ron hadn't caught Lockhart in the act of running away, we probably
wouldn't have Ginny anymore. But could he, in the future, help out?
- Alice Longbottom- the gum wrapper seems strange. Maybe it's a clue.
Neville kept it, we know that. What could this mean? Could something
be happening at St. Mungo's? Anyway, I think that Neville's parents
will help in the fight.
- Madam Marsh- this witch has a liking for the Knight bus. What could
this mean? She's been noted to two times on the bus, both when Harry
was present. Not sure about this sketchy witch yet. We'll have to find
- Agustus Pye- The healer with a love of muggle remedies? Could he'v
have known that stitches would not help Mr. Weasley and he wanted the
venom to penetrate Arthur's body so that maybe it wouldn't heal? Maybe
the healer is a good guy. Maybe healing is all he's going to do in the
series, but maybe not...
- Ludo Bagman- Ludo Bagman was on the run from the goblins about his
debts. But Ludo's bound to show up again. Maybe, he'll still be running
from his payments. Maybe he'll be a whole new person. Maybe he'll even
help a little...
Of course, all of the main characters will most definitely help out too.
We'll see that every person has a part to play, a reason to be there.
We'll see how it all play out then though...
By Morgan Mielnick
Want to react on this column? write your reaction to Morgan